Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rural Thursday Blog Hop #36


See You At The Pole at the boys elementary school yesterday morning.


See You at the Pole™, the global day of student prayer, began in 1990 as a grass roots movement with ten students praying at their school. Twenty years later, millions pray on their campuses on the fourth Wednesday in September.

See You at the Pole™ is simply a prayer rally where students meet at the school flagpole before school to lift up their friends, families, teachers, school, and nation to God. See You at the Pole™ is a student-initiated, student-organized, and student-led event.

I am so thankful that my kids are growing up in a community where this is allowed to happen without any negative backlash!



15 comments:

  1. So wonderful....our entire nation could learn and benefit from these students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my high school joining in on that movement in the early 90s. Looks like it has stuck around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that - so good to know it's still around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magnificent idea and great photo ~ Wow! (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea and beautiful photo Tanya. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great that they come together on a regular basis -- love the photo, Tanya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful thing to do - I love your picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful where alike is possible, and happening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad they are able to enjoy this event without someone "protesting!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that this is still happening and that your kids are participating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is quite sad that there are more places this wouldn't happen than places where it will.
    Your community gets it.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful that these kids can build a community together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tanya - I have never heard of See you at the Pole. Thank you for sharing. I have not stopped by in a while and thought it was high time. I am glad I did.

    I wanted to mention that I have joined two online photography MeetUp groups in our area. They are really a nice bunch of people and get together often. Here is the links- just thought you might like to check them out -if you haven't already.
    http://www.nrvexposure.com/
    http://www.exposureroanoke.org/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)