(click photo to enlarge) Lord Botetourt High School, Daleville
Our first practice of the new football season. Stretching those neck muscles. This is Braden and Dalton's last year of rec ball. Next year they can play for middle school. Looks like we will have a pretty good team this season! Go Hurricanes!
"No son of mine is gonna play any foos-ball." Mama Boucher from the Waterboy :)
AND! Today is my Ashlyn's birthday! She is 19. Where has the time gone?
Linking with Friday Fences
and SkyWatch Friday
....have a great weekend!!
Ohhhh, and a little game of Random 5!
1) So like I mentioned, today is Ashlyn's bday! She is at the dealership right now having something done with her car so that in a few hours she can head to the beach. For her present I got her a couple of beach chairs, a cute zebra striped cooler and a bunch of snacks to fill it up for her weekend. I'm going to make her some "cone-cakes" (which is what the boys call them)...cupcakes cooked in ice cream cones. My kids LOVE those!
2) Got that basement cleaned up. Hauled tons of stuff to Goodwill, the curb for trash day, and donated a lot of children's books to the elementary school. The books were kind of hard to get rid of since many were from when Ash was little, and books I bought for Christian and the boys. Picture books that they'll never look at again. I did however manage to still save a big bin of them, the ones I just couldn't part with lol
3) Thinking of cooking Talapia for dinner. I saw a recipe for Talapia topped with tomatoes, olives and feta. I love feta!
4) I want to go do something fun this weekend. I want to see something new. There is an event at James Madison's house, Montpelier, but that is a 2 hour drive for us and Nick is whining about not wanting to drive that far. I'm kind of mad about that...grrrr
5) I better get those cone-cakes going so they are finished before she gets home!