The Mill Mountain Star was constructed in 1949 to kick off that year's Christmas shopping season. After construction of the star, Roanoke was nicknamed the "Star City of the South". Read more HERE Norfolk Southern building.
Now for some randoms!
1) I won a pretty orange knitted hat from Buttons over at Buttons Thoughts. If you've never visited Buttons go on over and say hi. Also you can see pictures of her cute cows modeling the hats she makes. Here's a photo of my Ozzy modeling it for us:
2) I loved THIS SLIDESHOW of a photographers amazing photos to help rescued dogs find homes.
3) Didja know you can make tons of stuff with old bedsprings? CLICK HERE....yeah, me neither.
4) I love OLD photos and I think it was Denise over at An English Girl Rambles that turned me on to THIS SITE
5) It's spring!! It will be sunny and 70 today and tomorrow...I will enjoy it! Some winter weather sneaks back in on Monday/Tuesday...whatevs...It's still spring!
Go check out more randoms at Nancy's Rural Journal and have a great weekend!