Followers

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

St. Mark's Lutheran Church

click on photos to enlarge

St. Mark's Lutheran Church . 1008 Franklin Road SW . Roanoke . 24016

On Saturday Braden and I went to visit Ashlyn...it was a suprise...she didn't know we were coming...luckily she was home!

After talking for a while we decided to take her little dog Riley out for a walk...there's a lot of beautiful old churches in her neighborhood, like the one above, although that one isn't too old...the original was much older, dating back to the 1800's... HERE's a picture from 1956 where it is being torn down on Campbell Ave...I believe I read that the location on Franklin Road was built in 1956. Do you think that is the same steeple? I can't tell and don't recall reading that they used it...


To the side of the church is this nice resting spot with a fountain and lots of shade trees...the fountain sounds relaxing!


And Emma is out here too to keep an eye on things! I couldn't find anything else about the sculpture, other than her name is Emma and the artist's website is HERE...I feel like there's a story about Emma...or should be!

It was a nice day spending time with my oldest and second to the youngest :)

Linking up with Tom's Tuesday's Treasures

11 comments:

  1. It is a pretty church. I like the low perspective you used in your photograph. This must have been a rare day when your twins were separated and the two of you could have special time visiting your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Tanya, there are several churches o

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Tanya, there are several churches o

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Tanya, there are several local churches of this style here, yours would right at home. Thanks for stopping by, come again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very traditional but well-kept and quite good-looking. I'm guessing it is of the Missouri Synod tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Emma! She is beautiful and mysterious. Gorgeous church and flower shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like a bit of a mystery ... and Emma fits right in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful surprise visit! beautiful church. And I love the sculpture, but am curious too. Sweet photo of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing it is of the Missouri Synod tradition.


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)