Followers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Woodpecker Ridge




Took the boys on a GeoCache here on Sunday. Funny, I didn't even know this place existed and it's only a few miles from us! Will definitely need to make a visit back in the spring when things are blooming!

The Woodpecker Ridge Nature Center offers birders and nature enthusiasts numerous opportunities for wildlife watching. Features of interest to most visitors include a hawk-watch platform, feeding stations for songbirds and hummingbirds, and butterfly gardens. Trails meander from butterfly gardens through hardwood forests, spruce and cedar stands, open fields, and pond habitats. Buddleia, echinacea, and other blooming flowers in the gardens attract large numbers of butterflies.

For more info on Woodpecker Ridge and directions visit Botetourt County Tourism

AND.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my babies Braden and Dalton! Today they turn 9! Where did the last 9 years go?!!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to find new places to visit right in your backyard. I'm still exploring Bangor, ME and am finding fun things to do each time.

    So far, I have been kayaking (last summer) and snowshoeing (this winter). I hear there is a small ski camp/place near here and a world class ski resort (Sugar Loaf) about 2-1/2 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like a wonderful place Tanya! I would love to visit there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Braden and Dalton! Wait'll they turn 27 like my oldest, lol.

    What a beautiful place. Now I want to go and see everything since I am leaving!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)