Followers

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Salem Museum - Photo Dump

 

Roanoke College in the 1850’s

I thought this was interesting…Roanoke College was one of the few Southern Colleges to remain open during the Civil War.
This is a painting showing what Salem looked like before the Civil War…I love paintings like this…you can also see the William-Brown house, next to that white house…that’s the house the museum is in today.

An interesting story …

I liked this map…

I don’t really know anything about this but I love old pictures of people…


I wanted to learn more about this but I couldn’t find much…



I’ve got a couple more exhibits to show you before I’m done! 


6 comments:

  1. Our daughter-in-law's maiden name is Zirkle. The story about Mama Brown is rather funny, though I am sure she was scared to death! But she stood her ground!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the exhibits that really tell the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful exhibit. I love reading history from different places.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)