Followers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Mabry Mill-Floyd County



Operated by E.B. Mabry from 1910 to 1935 and made famous by artists and photographers the world over. A trail takes visitors to the gristmill, sawmill, and blacksmith shop. Old-time skills are demonstrated in the summer.

I know it's been a while since I've been blogging...summer has gotten so busy! I had taken Ashlyn to have her senior pictures done at a photographer in Bedford, Mark Hubbard Photography. I would NOT recommend this place to my worst enemy, unless of course you love high pressure sales. The pictures turned out great but when I went to "view" the photos I was asked to sit in the sales office while viewing them on a wall monitor. After about an hour of choosing the pictures I liked, I was then shown the price for the first package she tried to sell me, $1000+, yeah, right...so I dwindled the package down, with the sales lady still trying to sell me everything under the sun. When I asked for proofs I could take home to show my husband and think about what I want, she looked at me as if I had gone crazy and said "you had no intention of buying anything today"? Um, NO...who goes and makes that big of an investment without being able to talk it over with your spouse and think about it? I was not given a disk of proofs or anything that I could view from my house like most good photographers will give you. SOOOO, this was about a month ago that I walked out of this place and have not heard a peep from them. So in a nutshell, I would not recommend Mark Hubbard Photography and find a photographer who doesn't pressure you into buying a high priced package right there on the spot! What a waste of my time that turned out to be!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a bad photography experience that was. Guess they just don't understand that 'word of mouth' can be very detrimental to their business in these days of Internet communication. Good to get the word out about these kinds of places. What jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, they let me walk out upset, then don't call or give me anything to look at to remember that I DID like the pictures....Photographers are a dime a dozen these days, not good to let a potential customer walk away angry....and talk about mark up, wow! I can find another photographer to take pictures, without the high pressure sales techniques...just let your photography sell it...plus the subject, Ashlyn, is beautiful anyway, any photographer can capture that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty scene!
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I hope you didn't have to pay anything upfront. Maybe you can report him to the BBB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, didn't think much of that guy, did you. I am sorry you had such a tough time. Good luck in finding someone else. I can make a few recommendations if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no anita, i didn't, and i don't really ever have much negative to say about any business, this one just takes the cake! halcyon, we did have to pay a $35 sitting fee, not to mention the hour to get there and back x 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, Tanya, I don't think I would have liked that "high pressure" sales person, either. Would have made me a bit "cranky" to say the least. Furthermore, it would have pissed me off. Don't like sales people like that either. I'm more than sure that there are others around that will do a good job for what you want, without the high pressure.

    That is a nice looking place to visit. Just full of photo opportunities. Interesting for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a lovely spot, Tanya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful capture...and horrible experience with the high powered salesman. Sorry I have been out of commission again, but I have had grandchildren non stop for what seems like an eternity. Everyone left this morning so hopefully I will get back to norma. Hope all is well with you all and you are not burning up over there. It is pretty rough here. Take care...Genie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)