Horatio Howard Building (Farmers’ Supply Store)
101 E. Main St.
1897. Horatio Howard constructed this building after the great 1896 town fire. Note the cast iron “stars” capping structural tie rods, the pressed glass tile transoms on the storefront, and early painted advertising on the west wall. Originally a mercantile store for Howard and partner Thomas B. Huff, it’s been Farmers’ Supply Store for about 85 years.
For a walking tour of Floyd CLICK HERE
Linking with Signs, Signs