Route 11, Troutville
1) Today is the 4th of July or Independence Day. People all across America (maybe even a few abroad) will be celebrating by grilling out/bbq'ing (some hardcore bbq people say bbq is NOT a verb) hamburgers and hot dogs, I'm sure there will be some fried chicken involved (we're picking up a bucket) potato salads, watermelon, some libations, parades, live music and then fireworks to wrap up the evening. The USA knows how to party!
2) The 4th of July is also my Christian's birthday. Happy 17! He is seriously one of the funniest people I know and I love him to pieces.
3) Braden and Dalton have moved up out of rec football to middle school football (7th grade). They were supposed to start conditioning Tues/Thurs of this week but we played hookie. It's not mandatory (yet) and hey, it's summer. They will start on Tuesday. This is a huge milestone. I won't have any kids in rec ball for the first time in a lot of years :( Many of you have seen these 2 practically grow up on this blog. Time flies. Where's the tissues?
You can see the first time I introduced them to you on my blog HERE...we lived in Georgia at the time.
4) Gosh, I love blogging. Being able to go back and find posts like the 1 above that you would normally forget? It's pretty cool. I've "met" some pretty nice people through my blog that I would love to meet in real life. If ever you are in my neck of the woods, let me know!
5) This totally cracks me up and I can watch it over and over (and I do!). Tried with Ozzy with less than stellar results.
I hope you are able to link up to Willy Nilly Friday 5 this week, but if you can't, I understand! If you can, just grab my button up there on the right, post 5 random things you wish to share, link up, and visit other linkers. Let's party like it's 1999! Happy 4th! And Happy weekend!
Willy Nilly Friday 5 starts at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time, every Friday, unless I mess up! :) P.S. If link #1 shows as Tanya, just ignore, that is me with my Ozzy blog and I don't know how to get it out of there!