Taking you back to Hampton. Buckroe Beach Reggae Fest
Now for some randoms:
1) If you put the word "Amish" in front of a recipe, I'm all in. It could be Amish Tacos and I'm pinning it!
2) Found out this week that someone I know died. Then I found out he killed himself by setting himself on fire. Someone else I know told me about this last month but neither of us had any idea that it was this person. We were both bothered by the news. Then just found out yesterday that it was someone we knew. He was only 61 and battled depression. Makes me so sad to think of anyone that down to take their life, especially in that way. I can't get him out of my mind.
3) Summer is flying by. I love summer. I'm one of those moms that love having my kids at home...no schedules...just lazy summer mornings, staying up late, doing whatever we want. We have a short summer this year. The powers that be changed our school schedule. Everyone says "It's ok, we'll get out earlier next year so it makes up for the short summer"...I disagree. I want my full summer, I don't want to catch up next year. But remember this post because you can tell me "Told you so" when I'm excited that school is out in May ;)
4) I was reading something about food trucks and their popularity. When I was a kid, for a short time, my mom drove a food truck. It wasn't a fancy food truck, more like a mobile convenience store. It was so cool when she'd bring it home and make me and my friends fancy cokes! I remember going out with her on her route one day. I remember being very bored. I also remember her boss had a pet monkey. The things we remember!
5) Speaking of monkeys, Braden and Dalton want a pet monkey. They scour the internet looking to buy one. Not.Gonna.Happen
Have a great weekend!
Now it's your turn!