Followers

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

2 Churches

click on photos to enlarge


Warm Springs Presbyterian . Warm Springs . VA

This pretty/old church was built around 1855 and right next door sits this one:


Warm Springs Episcopal Church or I've also seen it listed as Christ Episcopal Church, ca 1852...this one is now a private residence. While driving by I saw the owners out in the back doing yard work so we snuck a quick picture of the front without being too nosy! This one is my favorite...couldn't find much history on either churches but did find THIS which shows an old picture of the 2 back in 1900 and also a brief mention of a storm in 1974 that almost did the Episcopal Church in....glad to see it was saved! Linking up with Tom's Tuesday's Treasures and yes, I know it is Wednesday...you can see I'm still struggling to keep up!


9 comments:

  1. ...two gorgeous churches, they sure look southern! The Episcopal is my favorite too. If I'm along the side of the road, I never worry about taking pictures of people's property, if they ask what I'm doing I say something about their lovely house and try to start a conversation. I often learn a lot of history that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you snuck in for the photos as they are both beautiful churches from long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both beautiful! I am not quite sure where Warm Springs is, but it seems like a beautiful and friendly place. I think my favorite may be the filigree on the bell tower in the first church. But the second one is sure a sweet little building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. That last photo is very stately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice churches! I like the steeples on both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the artistry of the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like finding little gems like these churches. They look well kept, which is nice to see.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)