Followers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ssssssss



A couple of weekends ago, I was walking around the front yard showing Christian where I wanted him to weed eat when all of a sudden he started yelling. I looked down and found this snake! He said I walked right by it, kicked it and then stepped on his head,lol...

It's harmless enough, just a black rat snake, but not something I like to find in the yard. I was trying to redirect him out into the pasture away from the house, with rakes but he insisted on going right towards the house and disappeared into a hole in the siding, ack!

So a few days later, I left to drop Ashlyn off at school for an event. The boys were all in the backyard playing catch. When I drove back up to the house, I see the 3 boys out front, one with the garden hose, another with a machete (it's very dull, never been sharpened) and the third with a bow and arrow. They found the snake in the backyard then chased him to the front with the hose and cornered him and were aiming in on the poor thing. I chased the boys away, got my neighbor and she came over and caught the snake and moved him to a field away from the house...always something exciting going on here,lol

15 comments:

  1. I continue to wonder why we respond to snakes this way. I find them fascinating but I don't like to be surprised by them either. Amazing, with all the commotion, that you were able to catch this snake on film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he is headed the other way. I'm not a snake guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bouhhhhh il est immense, j'aime pas trop les serpents ;o)
    bouhhhhh it is huge, I like snakes not too much ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That snake looks huge to me! I've had two in my backyard so far this year and one of them was right under my back door. The other one I almost stepped on in the grass. Both were harmless but they still scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a snake phobia, so no thank you, I do not want a snake in my yard...glad it found a nice home in the field...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snakes are our friends, unless we step on a poisonous one, of course.

    Normally, all snakes try to flee humans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH NO..not again!! A snake is a snake! Yucko!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never a dull moment! I've got this vision of your boys armed to the teeth protecting the house! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a snake phobe and have been since childhood when my brothers chased me with one. In fact I to this day have nightmares about snakes....

    Since the one in our yard last summer was a timber rattler you can bet that snakes are simply not welcome on our property.

    Ugly things!

    Di
    The Blue Ridge Gal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuk! I am not fond of snakes. If I had been that close to it I think I would have made an absolute fool of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! I would run away panic-stricken!

    ReplyDelete
  12. a hose, a machete, and a bow and arrow! love it
    hate the snake, but love the story

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a close encounter, Tanya! Glad you shot this guy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photo, under the circumstances. I think many people would have run the other way. We have snakes here in England but they are pretty harmless I have not seen one in quite a few years. Pity, I have my camera ready.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boys. Gotta love em. You are much braver than I am. I would have gone upstairs, watched out the window and WILLED it to go away :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)