Followers

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Tuesday's Treasures - Landmark Art

Click on photo to enlarge

Pedestrian Bridge . Roanoke

Found this colorful artwork hanging inside the pedestrian Bridge downtown. I just love it...it consists of several Roanoke landmarks...do you recognize any? I've blogged about most of these over the years!
Click on the links I've added so you can see!
St Andrews Roman Catholic Church

Dr Pepper Sign

Texas Tavern

Mill Mountain Star

Wells Fargo Building

H&C Coffee Sign

Taubman Art Museum

All the train tracks represent Roanoke's rich rail history...I couldn't find out anything about this piece other than it appears to be from the Burton Center For Arts and Technology

Linking with Tom's Tuesday's Treasures





7 comments:

  1. I love the colors. I can't remember the last time I had a Dr. Pepper myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, so very cool! Especially since I have been to Roanoke several times. I recognized three things before I had to look and see. gosh, I should have gotten the star, but I didn't! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is indeed a wonderful work of art. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Tanya, it looks like I need to put Roanoke on my to see list. I always enjoyed seeing the H&C Coffee sign on your blog and who doesn't love Dr. Pepper? Thanks and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great art! I recognized the star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very cool discovery Tanya 🌟

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)