Followers

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Work In Progress


Spec/Lithia . Botetourt County

This place is up the road from the old truck I showed you yesterday...a man driving by said that this was the old stagecoach road and this house was the inn or hotel back then...someone lives there now...it looks like they are adding on!

Today I am thankful for this great spring-like weather we have been having this week...I don't want it to end...but like all good things, it will...but it will be back! Right now I have the door open listening to the birds...I saw Daffodils blooming yesterday and Forsythia...it won't be long till the Redbuds, Dogwoods and Pear Trees bloom! Linking up with Michelle's Thankful Thursday

16 comments:

  1. It is a race between putting the addition on and nature reclaiming it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously still considerable work to be done on this house. Interesting history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'll be quite a project to get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like they have a lot of work to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES! You hit the jackpot with this find. It is unbelievable to me that they are adding on, with the awful shape of the place! It looks like it could fall down at any time. This is sure one of the strangest pictures I have ever seen. The wood on the new roof looks old, maybe they did this a long time ago and gave up? Our daffodils are UP all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I thought it was an abandoned house! Cool history on it though if it was a stopping house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find - I thought it was abandoned too! It needs a LOT of updating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It definitely has the abandoned look but it's nice someone is adding on and I assume they will fix the rest up. With the history background it is truly a nice project for the person to undertake. I wish them luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen Redbuds here too and Azaleas are blooming like crazy. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see an old place being taken care of!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love finding old houses like this. I don't know what the attraction is, but I love them! We are having the same weather, but with inches upon inches of rain. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. our daffodills are up and blooming and all the pretty spring trees are in full bloom. I made alot of pictures and will try to get them posted. How is your week going?

    ReplyDelete
  13. A work in progress but lots of potential! I love to see these old places fixed up and brought back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that would have to make it a pretty old house!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so happy you've stopped by and always enjoy your comments :)